Who is Jesus? Part 1
Many of you may not know much about origins of gods and their many similarities. For this post, let's compare a few similarities between Jesus and Krishna. Additional comparisons are forth coming.
Jesus and Krishna
• Christ and Krishna were called both God and the Son of God.
• Both were sent from heaven to earth in the form of a man.
• Both were called Savior, and the second person of the Trinity
• Adoptive human father was a carpenter.
• A spirit or ghost was their actual father.
• Krishna and Jesus were of royal descent.
• Both were visited at birth by wise men and shepherds, guided by a star.
• Angels in both cases issued a warning that the local dictator planned to kill the baby and had issued a decree for his assassination.
* The parents fled. Mary and Joseph stayed in Muturea; Krishna's parents stayed in Mathura.
• Both Christ and Krishna withdrew to the wilderness as adults, and fasted.
• Both were identified as "the seed of the woman bruising the serpent's head."
• Jesus was called "the lion of the tribe of Judah." Krishna was called "the lion of the tribe of Saki."
• Both claimed: "I am the Resurrection."
• Both were "without sin."
• Both were god-men: being considered both human and divine.
• They were both considered omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.
• Both performed many miracles, including the healing of disease. One of the first miracles that both performed was to make a leper whole.
* Each cured "all manner of diseases."
• Both cast out indwelling demons, and raised the dead.
• Both selected disciples to spread his teachings.
• Both were meek, and merciful. Both were criticized for associating with sinners.
• Both encountered a Gentile woman at a well.
• Both celebrated a last supper. Both forgave his enemies.
Traditional belief is that Krishna was born on July 19, 3228 BCE
Traditional belief is that Jesus was born in the spring around 6 BCE